by Hanna Hermanson
If you don’t feel like you are living your fullest, highest, most on-purpose Dream Life, then you need to be willing to do things a bit differently than you currently are. What got you here, won’t get you to into your dreams. I first learned this Success Principle from my mentor, Jack Canfield. Once I decided to apply this practice to everything in my life, I found myself more empowered than ever to chase my personal dreams. I share it with you today, in the hopes that you can find the same inspiration from taking 100% responsibility for your results in all areas of your life. (Income, health, relationships, emotions, all of it!) You have to give up blaming others, complaining about circumstances, making excuses, waiting for others, justifying your lack of results, and defending your position. In order to achieve 100% responsibility for your Dream Life, you will need to harness the power of your thoughts.
“Our life is what our thoughts make it” – Marcus Aurelius
First, let’s get rid of the old stories that are holding you back. 1. Write down all of the people you are blaming. All of the excuses you have. All of the things you are waiting for. Personal example:
- My family doesn’t “get me”
- I’m waiting for my partner to be done with this job
- I don’t have enough money
- I’m too young
- I’m not smart enough
- I’m waiting until I have another certification
- I am the victim of growing up living pay check to pay check
It is time to stop looking around for all the reasons why you have NOT realized your dream life.
“Rise above negativity, doubt, and rationalizations and become a problem solver.”- Me
2) Adopt the mantra “if it’s meant to be, it is up to me!” You are creating all of your experiences, relationships, income, health, and success by your thoughts and beliefs, the actions you take, and the visual images you focus on. The emotions those things create comprise your real life. You have always had the power to get it right, to create the results you want. You have been choosing not to exercise that power.
“Act as if you are 100% responsible for everything that does or doesn’t happen to you!”- Jack Canfield
3) Challenge yourself for 1 week to actually take responsibility for everything that happens in your life. When you lose your scone, get a “no” from a prospective client, find $10 on the ground, and even get invited to keynote an event… Ask yourself the following questions:
- “How did I create that?”
- “What were my beliefs?”
- “How did I get that person to act that way?”
- “What do I need to do next time to get my desired results?”
INSTEAD of looking to point a finger of blame! I would love to hear how you feel after 7 days of taking 100% responsibility for EVERYTHING in your life! You can listen to more of my personal experiences and drop your own insights on this exercise on this video: How to Take Full Responsibility for your Outcomes AND Income.